The replica of the C&NW Standard No. 3 Depot that was that was originally built in Zachow was officially dedicated on July 13, 2013 to the Shawano County Historical Society and is now open for tours. Call 715-526-3323 to set up a tour.
The depot exhibit is a historically accurate replica complete with a representation of the 1906 telegraph system that was in the depot at that time and many other artifacts. Much of the equipment and furniture for the office, waiting room, and freight room is in place with only a few items yet to be found. The freight room houses the 1949 replica of the village of Zachow with a "talking history" for each of the structures.
In addition to the depot construction there is 100' of mainline track in anticipation of some day adding a rail car and we have a historically accurate Zachow "Outhouse" based on a 1901 plan.
Many thanks goes to the Felts Construction Company, Inc. and Rich Felts for delivering a historically accurate project.
No part of this site may be reproduced without permission from the Shawano County Historical Society